Peaches, of course!
The following is the making of my Boozy Snooki Pie, using the vodka crust. Great thanks to Instagram, which is now my favorite app.
Mix peaches in a bowl with 3/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, and 2 tablespoons butter.
For the crust, I used the Better Homes & Gardens red plaid cookbook recipe. It is the simplest and best out there. Before we move on though, a few important things to remember about pie crusts:
a. Always use butter, high quality butter.
b. Keep the butter, water and/or vodka, and dough as cold as possible. Work fast and handle the dough as little as possible. If the dough becomes too warm, refrigerate before continuing,
c. When transferring dough to the pie pan, do not stretch, this will cause shrinkage during baking.
Cool on wire rack. I firmly believe that a pie is always better with ice cream and on the second day, after it has had a day to set up.
Boozy Snooki Peach Pie
1. Peel and slice 4 lbs of peaches into approximately 3/4-inch cubes.
2. Mix peaches in a bowl with 3/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, and 2 tablespoons butter.
1. Cut 2/3 cup butter into 2-1/4 cups flour with a pastry cutter. Pieces should be pea-sized.
2. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold vodka over part of flour and butter mixture. Toss gently with fork. Push moistened dough to one side of bowl. Repeat using 1 tablespoon at a time until all flour is moistened, use 8-10 total tablespoons of cold water/vodka mixture. Divide in half; form into 2 disks.
3. On a lightly floured surface, use hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll into a circle approximately a 12 inches in diameter.
4. Wrap pastry dough around rolling pin and carefully transfer to pie pan. Do not stretch the dough, this will cause shrinking during baking. Trim excess dough off, if needed. Transfer prepared filling to pie pan.
5. Roll remaining dough into circle about 12 inches in diameter. Cut slits to allow steam to vent. Place pastry over filling, trim excess to 1/2 inch past edge of pie pan. Press edges together with fingers or using a fork.
6. Brush top with milk and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Wrap edges in foil to prevent over-browning.
7. Place a sheet of foil with edges turned up on bottom rack to catch drippings.
4 thoughts on “Boozy Snooki Peach Pie”
Could I get a copy of that template? Maybe scan it in and email it to me? Applesblossoms@gmail.com
I'd be happy to, will get on that tomorrow!