Since this year’s Valentine’s Day cards are already in the mail, I decided to upload this early. This year I decided to do several variations on the print. One set was my multi-cultural set with different shades of browns for the paper. I used a variation of hues for the ink – red, magenta, and silver. The silver ink was very interesting to work with – for one, it smells quite a bit like a permanent marker, and two it takes a great deal more drying time than the other non-metallic inks. The end effect of the silver ink on the maroon and dark brown paper showed wonderful contrast.
Valentine’s Day cards, block print on colored paper, 2010.
Multi-cultural set showing red & pink ink.
Valenetine’s Day cards, block print on colored paper, 2010.
The set of maroon, red, and brown paper with silver ink.