Eric made this lovely dice set a while back (as in, December!) and I forgot to post them until now. It was a simple project – cut a long piece of wood into a set of five cubes, sand, and then use a Wood Burner to make dots on the die.
They could be a fun addition to a kids’ block collection, a larger than life set of die for backyard or game night fun, or a great learning set for young, budding Yahtzee enthusiasts. In any case, we gave them away to my sister and her husband. Now I just need Eric to make me a set for summer die games on the porch.
Speaking of the porch, we are getting closer to being done with that project. Here’s a peek – we redid the floors, insulated the walls below the windows, and added white bead board under the windows. We also upgraded to some more comfortable furniture. Eric scored these orange (!) office chairs at a furniture thrift shop. He knows me and my affinity for orange and chairs, so well. We started this porch process last summer and hope to finish it this spring before it gets too far into porch season. More on the porch project in the near future.